Possibly the most informative, fully-online CSO courses, following the IMO model course and available anywhere. This course covers all the required subjects as instructed by the IMO and is key to ensuring that those persons performing the role of the Company Security Officer fully understand their duties and responsibilities.
Get Your CSO Certificate Today
Approved Training Courses:
Virtual Maritime Academy is a Transport Canada Recognized Institution. This course is fully recognized internationally and accepted.
This course is for:
To give the essential education and training to get certified as a Company Security Ofﬁcer and meeting the requirements set out in the following the International Ship and Port Facility Security (ISPS) Code.
Under the International Ship & Port Security (ISPS) Code qualification
Regulations, Code, Convention Addressed:
The International Ship & Port Security (ISPS) Code.
- Develop, maintain and supervise the implementation of a ship security plan;
- Assess security risk, threat, and vulnerability;
- Ensure appropriate security measures are implemented and maintained;
- Ensure that security equipment and any systems, if any, are properly operated; and
- Encourage security awareness and vigilance.
The CSO course is fully online and consists of:
- Ten chapters and the final assessment & course feedback.
- Confirmation questions after each chapter.
- Course Manual.
- A Final Course Assessment.
There are multi-choice questions to complete at the end of each chapter and a final assessment. The passing mark is 70%. The Final Assessment is fully online and no need to attend any classroom. A Proctor will be assigned to you to monitor you during your Final Assessment. You will need a computer with a webcam and an ok internet speed for your Final Assessment. If for any reason you do not pass with a mark of at least 70% of your Final Assessment there is a fee a 75$ CAD+ applicable taxes to re-attempt the Final Assessment.
Approximately 20 hours.
You can enter and exit this course as often as you require.
The course is 100% online and no requirement to attend a test in a classroom.
Student Verification Requirements:
The student is required to complete a simple online verification form that links from the course, where they will submit a scan of an official photo ID such as a passport, CoC, or similar. This is a requirement under Transport Canada.
The online CSO Course is fully recognized in Canada and is internationally recognized and accepted. It includes the 2010 Manila Amendments and conforms to Regulation VI/5, paragraph 1 and Section A-VI/5, paragraphs 1 to 4 of the STCW Convention and Code 1978, as amended.
A hardcopy will be posted to your address free of charge.
Online Course Subjects:
A course meeting with all the requirements.
- Historical Perspective
- Current Security threats and patterns
- Maritime Security Policy
- Security Responsibilities
- Ship Security Assessment and On-Scene Inspection
- Security Equipment
- Ship Security Plan
- Threat Identification
- Ship Security Actions
- Emergency Preparedness, Drills & Exercises
- Security Administration
- Security Training
- And the list can continue……..
- Download the Official Course Syllabus HERE